Owens Corning DURATION®
Bold Contrast, Deep Dimension, Outstanding Performance
*,***,† All manufacturer product information offered on this site is subject to change by the manufacturer. See the manufacturers website for the most recent product information.
TruDefinition Color Platform
TruDefinition is our color design platform trademark on shingles that are specially formulated to capture the bright, vibrant hues and dramatic shades that showcase the aesthetic appeal of your home. Shingles feature multiple-granule colors and shadowing to provide an extraordinary look that will enhance your home and complement its natural surroundings.
TruDefinition Duration Shingles are specially formulated to provide dramatic color contrast and dimension to any roof and are available in all the popular colors. Beyond the impressive curb appeal, they also come with the advanced performance of patented SureNail® Technology—a technological breakthrough in roofing.
SureNail® Technology Shingles
The innovative features of Owens Corning Roofing ™ TruDefinition® Duration® Series Shingles with patented SureNail® Technology offer the following:
- Breakthrough Design: Featuring a tough, woven engineered reinforcing fabric in the nailing area that promotes easy, fast and consistent nail gun fastening.
- Triple Layer Protection™: A unique "triple layer" of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the common bond of the shingle laminate layers that offers excellent fastener holding power.
- Superior Adhesion: Enhanced Tru-Bond®† sealant grips tightly to the engineered fabric nailing strip on the shingle below.
- Excellent Adhesive Power: Specially formulated, extra-wide adhesive bands help keep shingle layers laminated together.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance: The industry’s first asphalt roofing shingle engineered to deliver 130-MPH* wind warranty performance with only 4 nails. Fewer nails required can mean fewer deck penetrations.
- TruDefinition SureNail: 33% fewer nails are required for maximum warranty protection***, which can mean fewer deck penetrations.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. The quality and performance of the sealant on a shingle helps plays an important part in wind resistance performance. Owens Corning certifies our shingles to industry recognized wind resistance standards through independent third-party testing laboratories. To see the wind resistance warranty on this product, refer to the TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS tab.
Algae growth may cause brown to black streaks on roofs but this discoloration does not impact the service life of the shingles. Algae species are transported through the air and growth occurs to varying degrees in all regions of the country; especially those subjected to warm, humid conditions. Algae should not be mistaken for fungus growth, soot, dirt, or moss.
Almost all types of roofing systems are susceptible to algae discoloration. Where noted on the individual Product Detail page Technical Specifications tab, Owens Corning provides limited warranty coverage on some of our shingles for algae resistance. For full details of coverage, refer to the actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.
What Steve, the owner of Weatherguard has to say about SureNail® Technology
"SureNail is a great product. It's a heavier, thicker shingle with a lot of depth and dimension. It has a heavy-duty nailing strip which does not let nails blow through the shingle if the pressure on the nail gun gets too high, and it has a 130 mph wind rating. Most shingles are only rated at 70mph. We really like working with SureNail® Technology."